Call for Research Proposals
PhD Workshop held by the German Society for Online Research (DGOF) and
the Digital Communication Division of the German Communication Association (DGPuK)
On 14th October 2022
In order to support young scientists in the field of digital research, a doctoral workshop will take place on 14th October 2022 jointly organised by the German Society for Online Research (DGOF) and the German Communication Association (DGPuK).
Within the workshop, doctoral students in any stage of their PhD project are invited to present and discuss it with other doctoral candidates and a respondent with expertise in the topic. The respondent will be individually selected to give profound feedback to each participant’s project. The dissertation project should be in the field of digital research. Memberships in the DGOF or the DGPuK are not required.
The workshop is planned as a virtual meeting.
Planned schedule of the workshops:
- Input-Session related to the topic “Tweeting Scientists” (approx. 45 min incl. discussion)
- Presentation of the doctoral projects on the basis of the submitted research proposals
- Structured feedback by the respondent (pre-assigned) and open feedback round (ca. 15 min presentation, 30 min discussion)
Doctoral students who would like to present their dissertation project at the workshop are requested to submit a research proposal of one to two pages (in German or English) by 31st August 2022 (extended deadline!) containing the following information:
- Title or topic of the dissertation
- Beginning and presumed end of PhD process
- Organizational integration (university, department and supervisor(s), type of financing, e.g. scientific staff, scholarship holder, etc.)
- Research question(s), theoretical foundations and (planned) empirical methods (for monographic dissertations); for cumulative dissertation additional overview of the planned papers/projects
- Short statement on the current state of the dissertation containing most important questions as a starting point for the discussion
Date of the event: Friday, 14th October 2022, 10 am to 3 pm
Venue: Link to the video call will be sent out in time.
Organisation of the workshop
German Society for Online Research (DGOF)
Early- and mid-career scholars’ representatives (DGPuK)
Digital Communication Division